Wednesday, February 25, 2009

All I want for my birthday - some more hair!

I was feeling wealthy the other day and just went down to main and overland and got some hair extensions. mike just loves them and now he only has to work Saturdays and christmas for the next 15 years to pay for it. J.K. Maddie is behind me. I just wanted to know how Amy feels with all that luxurious hair that has crowned her head off and on for the past 15 years. If I never cut my hair until 2011 I could actually have this. I promised Mike that I would not cut my hair until Brit got home. 5 more months, not that I will cut it then but I have been faithful to my promises. I have had a trim or two and it has grown form just below my chin to just below my collar bone. I probly wont be one of those ladies who is 55 and has grey hair half way down her back or a braided bun perched on her head but for now long is where it's at for me. As I look over the pictures of the past and see my dear sisters and there locks as well as my own 5 girls I admit that being a women and knowing just where your hair looks best is an ongoing thing. i dont know which day you just cut it all off and say this little cut will last till I'm dead but I think for now none of us are there . mom even gave a go at long hair for a while. that was fun eh mom? I think she got in a very short pony tail and at some point she figured Oprah winfrey had more money and hair than she did and went back to her Grandma bonnie do. I like it just the way it is. I really like Molly's new color and the length. Amy's justs flat lucky and Terries hair has changed since the fry and dye days of the 80's and becomes her and is shiny and un trendy. I remember her saying someting like who said that hair do was good when she saw a women in P.F. Changs on my birthday 3 years ago and it was up in the cockatoo spike thing in the back. Jen has a way with hair and that just anint fair but her daughters are way so lucky and now matter the length she seems to pull off cute. I hope you are not loosing any more these days. Em like amy flat lucky and always willing to push the limits of what some of us whips will do with hair. Kudos for always taking a little risk. Ging, I love your hiar straight and again how come you and amy and em got the pretty red hair and me and molly and jen and ter got the what the heck is this color and which shade do i pick this month.


I'm pretty sure this would sum up my thoughts on men in long hair. yuk! double yuk! Maddie is standing behind him giving him this fabulous look. He hates loosing his hair. we took Garyn prom dress shopping and he saw himself in a mirror and said " do I really look this bald" I smiled . The next day he parted his hair on the other side from which his hair has known for the past 22 years and it helped get him through chuch. Those red hats Kleopfer gives him keep him satisfied on the week days. we love him no matter how much hair he has. I am certain that Randy Travis's song of olden days about loving you for your looks or hair is so much less important than the stuff that really matters. I love him for the priesthood he holds and honors, for the hard work and dedication to any job he has ever had. For his integrity in a world of crooks and cowards. For his constant thoughtfullness to every one in his life. For his guidance direction and concern for his children. For his support of myself in all that I endevor. I would never ever want his job. I was ment to cook and clean and take life as it comes to me and enjoy the ride while he trugges through perilous storms and pitfalls yet continues on faithful and valiant to his call as a Father, Husband, son, friend, co-worker,hometeacher and brother. We love him so much and just look at him. Whats not to love.



I thought i'd write a little about my day with mom. Mike and I drove to ut. tues. morning and mike dropped me off at mom's and went to his appointment. I got the good end of the deal. meet with an attorney/go to lunch and shopping. I win! Mom and I headed out. We went straight to Dillards. Nice to have a mother with expensive taste cuz if it was me we would have been headed for wally world as mom so lovingly puts it. I admit that Dillards has nicer shoes than walmart. She nearly forced me into these lovley shoes. I had picked out 4 pair. One navy mary jane, one dressy black heel with a flower on the side and some shoes that resembled crocs but were more pricy and once i had them on not attractive at all. Berkenstocks are the ugliest shoes to me. However they do have some very interesting shoes out there and If I had the money and the eclectic wardrobe i may have tried some flowered high tops or pink embossed Doc. martins. I felt like a little girl getting those black patten leather mary janes. mom buying them and all and me being so very old helped me feel a little younger just then. I must thank all my sisters who were willing after the fact to pitch in and help buy those sweet suckers cuz they were not cheap and i love having lots of siblings so we can spread the love around. I was actually considering some flip flops for about 40 bucks but i just couldn't do it. I'm kringing a little knowing I have a pair of shoes that could have bought some food storage for a shelf in my basement but admit that in the past 10 trips to the grocery store I have been very focused on rice beans and pasta and so enjoyed the articles in the new March Ensign on self reliance and the new way to look at it. I think the bretheren were right on the money with helping people understand that we at least need to do something no matter how small . If i keep at it the way I have been my next fall I should have a year supply. Before moving i ate away at my storage cuz who really wants to move another thing. A quick update on that. 21 moves, 22 years, 4 semi loads, 2 enclosed trailer loads, 2 flat bed loads 3 garage sales and a bunch of stuff we gave away or just left there. Our home is smaller and our shop is packed. We have stuff at Kloepfers storage unit even. I cant belive what you can live without.


11 comments:

  1. I think the extensions are way cute. I was just telling Shawn a couple days ago how I wish that wig-wearing was more socially acceptable for normal ol' ladies. I'd totally rock a cute long dark brown hair do. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Honey, I know you are just trying to hide your daughters head behind you but this pose could be mis-interpreted. Just so you know, once you post a photo on the internet you never know where it might end up! You are now my screensaver... hot mamma.

    Nice blog. I loved seeing you express some of your feelings even if it is in writing. You are an amazing woman and anyone associated with you knows this fact. I contemplate daily how it was possible for me to pull off catching your eye. Glad to know it wasn't my hair!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What about my hair, huh? And Julie's? Are we shunned from this blog? Is it Andersons only? I'm so sad.

    I have some gray now. About 15 of them. I used to pull them out, now they're getting long. I'll probably be the long haired braid bunned 85 year old fat grandma!! Bleh.

    Love you. Love your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Whoa! Hot momma! Cute lone Maddie hair - not as cute on yer hubby! HEE HEE! I love you to Wendy and your hubby is certainly a nice fella too! I love those shoes that I unknowingly bought you for your birthday. Kelly, in my mind you will always have thick , dark , beautiful hair - that is how I remember you ! love you guys! JEN

    ReplyDelete
  5. Woah! That picture threw me for a loop. I love that long hair look on you. Will we truly ever get to see it though? Extensions would be fun. I only recently felt sad about cutting off my hair. I saw a pic of me with long hair and I thought I looked more refined, not so frazzled. Anything to help. What a sweet tribute to your husband. Love the blogging.

    ReplyDelete
  6. cool wen it kind of fun to play around with a camer. and again i am likewise amazed it the depth you think about things. you really are a great strength to your husband. i have never seen him miss a opportunity to say so. so i know he appriciates it..

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your hair always looks great even in a cookatoo bun. That was a fun blog.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That was me your sister. Shawn doesnt notice hair dos but he does see hair donts and comments.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That picture of Mike is priceless. I'm a bit of a hair critic. Even though I don't have any doesn't mean I don't know some do's and do nots. (pun intended)

    ReplyDelete
  10. hello Aunt Jenny this is Garyn just letting you know thats actually my hair in the picture with my dad:~)

    ReplyDelete