Thursday, March 19, 2009

I have found the one who my soul needs.

4th of july 08' Fireworks! you betcha! We still got it. I love to sit in front of you every year and lay back in your strong arms and watch the magical sparks fly. Ging and Scott's: Ike's farewell. This is the smile that first caught my eye. You have always supported my family in every way. Baptisms, birthdays, blessings and the like. My family is important to me and you always find a way to get me with them.
Tough guy on the outside oh so tender on the inside. This guy's just a big cry baby and I love, love love that about you.


The beginning of quite a ride. We married 23 years ago in the Logan Temple, we have lost a baby. Baptized 5 girls,moved 21 times,Graduated 2 daughters,supported 1college student,and sent our baby to a foreign country to serve the Lord. We have owned 4 businesses,lived in 3 states and burried 2 dogs. We have bought 4 trampolines owned over 20 cars and trucks and landscaped 2homes. We have made countless friends,prayed together,played together, and stayed together.

John and Felicias wedding: I love this picture. you cooked the chicken on the barbie. I hardly see you looking so serene. you run circles around anyone I know. you have always been willing to help anyone at anytime. you are the King of service. you have taken hours off of work to help dig ladies and girls cars out of snow banks. scraped ice off the windows of cars in the wee hours of a frosty winter morning for college students. paid for groceries for those less fortunate than youreself. built, added on and remodeled homes, garages,sheds and apartments for friends and neighbors for the cost of friendship.
You have a sense of humor. mostly in front of your children and myself. Hiking your pants up an d acting Geeky is a family favorite. ( gee my room is messy, so not like me)


You have played basket ball for over 20years. I have watched you win championships, lead the game with the most points, hold out a hand for your fallen teammates, break your nose, wrist, turned your ankle countless times and at last count you could still slam the ball.


Fourth of July with sparklers in hands and mouth: For some reason no matter where we go you become the intertainment. you love the neices and nephews and always wrestle with them and make them giggle and laugh and even cry.




You are the most handsome man to me. you have beautiful blue eyes. you look good with wiskers and shaven. you love the outdoors and dislike crowds. you have spent most of the best times in your life in the mountains. fishing, hunting,camping, fourwheeling, snowmobiling, hiking, thinking about life, and just enjoying God's greatest creations.

Occasionally it's good to see you do this sort of thing. I've always wanted to buy you a shirt that says RELAX. This looks like it could even be a little strainuous.


Andreas wedding: Brit's best friend. Savanna caught you with this expression. one thing I reallylove about you is that you always make people feel comfortable around you even when your hurting inside or have had a bad day. I really love that blue shirt on you too.



My 40th birthday: It all started with a foot rub. A day at the spa and salon. You ordered a tux and got me a nice dress. you orderd out and sprayed the floor with flowers into the barn where we were served dinner from a menu you had created from our early years in Arizona. The girls served us dinner. there was music and a beautifully set table with martinellies and flowers. We also had icecream cake served to us. If that wasn't enough each daughter brought a beautifully wrapped package. I recieved a coat a jacket a dress and nice heels. We danced. I was so overwhelmed from the day all i could do is smile and think how did I get so lucky. You had to finish the rock wall around the fireplace to make it all complete and so that morning when you locked the keys in your pickup you broke out the window so you could complete the job and get the propane ran to the fireplace. whew ! I'm tired just thinking about all the planning that went on to make my day so special. you have never forgotten a birthday or anniversary or valentines day in 23 years.

Mexico: This is where I always want you. Right by my side.


On our way to church in the farmington stake. You were the Elders Quorum president at the time. You have always taken your callings very seriously and have made it a point to reach out to those who struggle with their faith and be a good friend. To this day home teaching has always taken you an hour per family. Everyone always enjoys your visits and loves your sincerity. Thank you for honoring your priesthood and magnifying your callings.
On our way to the Kloepfer Christmas party. yes it's 2 hours away. We got a new beginning and after fighting to save your business decided to move back to Idaho and become the manager of the ready mix plant for Kloepfer concrete. The Lord answers our prayers in his own time and he was very mindful of us. Thank you for always qualifing yourself to find or create good jobs to support our family. your honesty and integrity have always blessed our family.



What a Hunk!


You have carried me through the storms of life and I find great peace in knowing I can always trust you to lead and guide our family in a way that is pleasing to our father in Heaven. I have always know that if I rely on the Lord and we do his will that with your strength we can get through anything.


Our beautiful yard in Plain city: we planted and weeded and mowed this place for over 3 years and we left it all behind. It wasn't easy and I knew your heart ached that things could not have kept us in our wonderfully remodeled and landscaped home but to me wherever you go thats my home.



Sometimes life can be kinda scary,it throws you some curve balls and you dont know what way to go. Change has been a part of our lives and I think the Lord knew that Mike Landrum needed to touch the lives of so many so he sent us all over the place so the lives of many could be blessed by your friendship and generosity of heart.

So this is it ! The one in whom my soul belongs with. I love you. Happy Anniversary Honey.

8 comments:

  1. WOW. You spent some serious time on this. So, that is why you have had your nose in the boxes and boxes of photos!

    Thank you for the ride down memory lane. I thoroughly enjoyed having a visualization supporting my amazing memories of what it is to be married to you. I love you. It is true, in all the places we have been the constant is US! Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wendy, that was really superb.
    I feel like, I truley have experienced a glimpse of your relationship as seen thru your eyes. :) It was a great blog! And I'm so happy that my siblings have such good spouses in their lives.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooooh...whee!

    wendy wins the aviversary tribute contest by a mile...

    mike wins husband of the decade...

    after reading all that, i think she should manage your run for the presidency.

    i'm sure you could do a better job than the sociological dictator there now!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That was so great! I loved it all. What heart felt honest words Wend! Happy Anniversary. You deserve each other.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loved it particularly the pictures but what a wonderful way to say I love you. Better than any old gift. Congratulations on finding happiness in the every day.
    Love you both

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW! I couldn't have said it any better than Mike did. That was such a great tribute to Mike. There aren't many things out there that make me happier than to know my sisters are well taken care of and they know it. Mike is all that and a bag of chips. I feel like I could just roll into my own tribute to him right now and I'm not even part of his immediate family, although when I look back at my life it feels like it. I think you're absolutely right when you said you thought the Lord needed him in so many places to touch so many lives. It's so true. There is nowhere and no one that he meets more than once that he doesn't give a piece of his heart to. Good thing it's so big. I've never known him not to do 110% on anything his does. Happy anniversary you two!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, I checked the obituaries to see if I was dead with all these nice things being said but I guess I am just lucky to have people that like me. Thanks. You are too kind. No really, stop it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Something tells me that you owe me a debt of gratitude Wendy. Mike clearly used up all of his ornery-ness on me in the years before he met you. You're welcome.

    In all seriousness, I have to agree that after some bumpy times with him as kids, my big brother grew into a pretty amazing man. I also have to add that much of his growth seems to have happened after you came into his picture. You guys are an incredible team. Happy anniversary.

    ReplyDelete